As 2016 draws to a close, it’s the season for reflection and introspection on the year that was. In particular, we are going to look back at some of the biggest trends that have graced runways and showrooms of fashion’s most esteemed designers. We have narrowed it down to ten trends which have stuck out from the rest! If you got married this year, who knows? You may have unknowingly worn a gown inspired by some of them! Let’s walk down memory lane together and reminisce on these amazing looks!
(1) 3D Floral Embellishments – It’s incontestable that when picking THE DRESS, brides ensure it enhances their blooming qualities which is what we saw in designers’ bridal collections this year.
(YolanCris Haute Couture Bridal 2016 | Krikor Jabotian Dahlia Collection)
(Nurit Hen The Spirit of Love Collection | Otilia Brailoiu Atelier 2016 Collection)
(Caroline Hayden Fall 2016 Collection | Lee Petra Grenebau Mother of Pearl Collection)
(2) Blush Tones – In a sea of white brides, non-traditionalists wanted something out there yet still appropriate for their weddings. Which is why, blush tones were such a hit in both spring and fall!
(Georges Hobeika Spring 2016 Couture | Alfazairy S/S 2016 Collection)
(Naeem Khan Bridal Fall 2016 | SK by Saiid Kobeisy S/S 2016)
(Zuhair Muhrad Spring 2016 Collection | Jenny Packham Resort 2016)
(3) Classic Neutrals – The best thing about picking a neutral gown for your Big Day is that you can use it again even after and it will suit every formal event! They don’t call it a classic for nothing!
(Rami Al Ali Spring Collection 2016 | Monique Lhuillier Bridal Spring 2016)
(Inbal Dror 2016 Collection | Jenny Packham Bridal S/S 2016)
(SK by Saiid Kobeisy S/S 2016 | Ashi Studio S/S 2016 Collection)
(4) Cropped Tops – There has been a resurgence in mainstream fashion of crops tops and guess what? Bridal wear was not spared. Designers have created separates that cater to various brides’ tastes too!
(Reem Acra Bridal Spring 2016 | Rime Arodaky 2016 Bridal)
(Limor Rosen Treasure Collection | Krikor Jabotian Dahlia Collection)
(YolanCris Haute Couture Bridal 2016 | Lior Charchy Bridal Craft Label 2016)
(5) Naked Dresses – It takes an especially bold kind of bride to don a naked dress. Designers have tweaked their looks to feature ones that are very body-baring to only a hint of a woman’s silhouette.
(YolanCris Haute Couture Bridal 2016 | Elie Saab Spring 2016 Couture)
(Vera Wang Bridal Fall 2016 | Nurit Hen The Spirit of Love Collection)
(Naeem Khan Bridal Fall 2016 | Liz Martinez 2016 Collection)
(6) Peekaboo Panels – This trend is similar to our last one however, the clear distinction is that this one highlights a specific asset the bride wants to emphasize whereas the last one shows mostly everything.
(Rime Arodaky 2016 Bridal | Alon Livne White 2016 Collection)
(Rami Kadi S/S 2016 Collection | Lior Charchy Bridal Craft Label 2016)
(Galia Lahav Ivory Tower Collection | YolanCris Haute Couture Bridal 2016)
(7) Polished Pantsuits – Designers have provided an option for the more daring to swap vows in classy and fierce pantsuits to match the brides who choose to don them for their special day.
(Rami Kadi S/S 2016 Collection | Georges Hobeika Spring 2016 Couture)
(Ashi Studio S/S 2016 Collection | Angel Sanchez Bridal Fall 2016)
(Alfazairy S/S 2016 Collection | Zuhair Muhrad Spring 2016 Collection)
(8) Short & Chic – Brides with great gams opt for the shorter route and pair them with killer heels that make for very youthful and fun wedding looks. t’s great having so many options to choose from!
(Marchesa Bridal Spring 2016 | Limor Rosen Treasure Collection)
(Alfazairy S/S 2016 Collection | Angel Sanchez Bridal Fall 2016)
(BHLDN Fall 2016 Collection | Rime Arodaky 2016 Bridal)
(9) The Plunging V – This year, the V neckline was the most favored and for good reason — it’s universally flattering for all face and body shapes! Fingers-crossed that we will still see this in 2017!
(Temperley London Bridal S/S 2016 | Berta Bridal S/S 2016 Collection)
(Oscar de la Renta Bridal Fall 2016 | Galia Lahav Le Secret Royal Collection)
(Jenny Packham Bridal S/S 2016 | Reem Acra Bridal Spring 2016)
(10) Voluminous Dresses – Every girl’s childhood dream is to get married in that Cinderella ballgown. 2016 was no exception to this fantasy as every kind of humongous gown was crafted into existence.
(Oscar de la Renta Bridal Fall 2016 | Hayley Paige Spring 2016 Collection)
(Otilia Brailoiu Atelier 2016 Collection | YolanCris Haute Couture Bridal 2016)
(Galia Lahav Le Secret Royal Collection | Monique Lhuillier Bridal Fall 2016 )
Were you satisfied with the year’s most beloved bridal trends? Do you think we missed out on any? Let us know in the comments below what your favorite trend was and what you’re hoping to see next year. We can’t wait for the next batch of gorgeous trends to be featured in 2017! Hope you have an amazing holiday season and a wonderful New Year!
For more of the latest Bridal Collections, click here for 2017 and here for 2016!