Have you been chosen as the Maid of Honor? Congatulations! It’s a huge role to fill but don’t worry, you can do it! As a start, make sure you know your duties of the Maid of Honor. Take these tasks to heart because your bride is counting in you; your full support will help her navigate through the complex journey of planning a wedding. Here’s a list of things you need in relation to your duties.
Planning The Bridal Party
Since the bridal party is something you will be planning along with the girls, all the details are in your care. Here’s what you need to put together a perfect bachelorette party.
- List of venues
- List of party theme and party ideas
- List of attendees
- Gifts for the bride
Helping The Bride Choose Her Wedding Dress
The bride may get overwhelmed when she’s dress hunting, so it’s best to keep notes about the bridal shops, dresses, and accessories.
- List of bridal shops to visit and the schedule for the visits
- List (and photos, if possible) of dresses the bride liked while trying them on so she can look back on them at a later time
- Options for shoes and accessories
Helping The Bride Canvass and Choose Vendors
With everything that goes into wedding planning, you relive your bride of stress if you help her with the wedding planning details, even from the very beginning.
- List of wedding vendors you did research on based on the couple’s needs and preferences
- List of shortlisted vendors with pros and cons plus summary of prices and other notes
- Style inspirations and theme ideas
- Reviews about vendors from other couples
- Wedding details and decorations checklist
Leading The Bride Tribe
As head of the pack you need to have everything ironed out for not only for the bride, but for the rest of the girls, too.
- List of bridesmaids and their contact details
- List of duties of each bridesmaid
- Arrangements for hair and makeup–will they go with the makeup artist prepared by the bride or will they get their makeup done elsewhere and come in ready?
- Pre-wedding briefing notes
Assisting on The Wedding Day
The bride may or may not have a wedding planner. Either way, as of of the main point persons, you should be able to step in and help out when and where needed. Make sure you have all the relevant information to be able to do so any time.
- List of things the bride and groom should bring on the wedding day
- List of wedding vendors and their contact details
- Additional notes about vendors
- Wedding day schedule
- Seating arrangements
- Guest list and family members
- Emergency kit
- List of payments that still need to be settled after the event