As 2016 draws to a close, it’s the season for reflection and introspection on the year that was. In particular, we are going to look back at some of the biggest trends that have graced runways and showrooms of fashion’s most esteemed designers. We have narrowed it down to ten trends which have stuck out from the rest! If you got married this year, who knows? You may have unknowingly worn a gown inspired by some of them! Let’s walk down memory lane together and reminisce on these amazing looks!
(1) 3D Floral Embellishments – It’s incontestable that when picking THE DRESS, brides ensure it enhances their blooming qualities which is what we saw in designers’ bridal collections this year.
(2) Blush Tones – In a sea of white brides, non-traditionalists wanted something out there yet still appropriate for their weddings. Which is why, blush tones were such a hit in both spring and fall!
(3) Classic Neutrals – The best thing about picking a neutral gown for your Big Day is that you can use it again even after and it will suit every formal event! They don’t call it a classic for nothing!
(4) Cropped Tops – There has been a resurgence in mainstream fashion of crops tops and guess what? Bridal wear was not spared. Designers have created separates that cater to various brides’ tastes too!
(5) Naked Dresses – It takes an especially bold kind of bride to don a naked dress. Designers have tweaked their looks to feature ones that are very body-baring to only a hint of a woman’s silhouette.
(6) Peekaboo Panels – This trend is similar to our last one however, the clear distinction is that this one highlights a specific asset the bride wants to emphasize whereas the last one shows mostly everything.
(7) Polished Pantsuits – Designers have provided an option for the more daring to swap vows in classy and fierce pantsuits to match the brides who choose to don them for their special day.
(8) Short & Chic – Brides with great gams opt for the shorter route and pair them with killer heels that make for very youthful and fun wedding looks. t’s great having so many options to choose from!
(9) The Plunging V – This year, the V neckline was the most favored and for good reason — it’s universally flattering for all face and body shapes! Fingers-crossed that we will still see this in 2017!
(10) Voluminous Dresses – Every girl’s childhood dream is to get married in that Cinderella ballgown. 2016 was no exception to this fantasy as every kind of humongous gown was crafted into existence.
Were you satisfied with the year’s most beloved bridal trends? Do you think we missed out on any? Let us know in the comments below what your favorite trend was and what you’re hoping to see next year. We can’t wait for the next batch of gorgeous trends to be featured in 2017! Hope you have an amazing holiday season and a wonderful New Year!