Congratulations! This is the beginning of a new and exciting phase in your life! Yes, you’re officially engaged… and you’re actually feeling totally clueless. You have no idea where to start and you’re beginning to panic. Calm down, we’re here to help ease you into wedding planning mode. So without further delay, here are the 5 first steps for every bride-to-be.
(1) First and foremost, celebrate! This is a monumental moment in your life. Go out and with family and friends. For sure, they’re all very happy and excited for you and you’re new hubby-to-be. They’ll want to share this joyous occasion with you and show their love and support.
(2) Select a date for your wedding. Now it’s time to mark THE date on the calendar. Don’t forget to check the availability of both sides of the family when choosing a date. You want to make sure all the special people in your lives can make it!
(3) Start looking for a wedding theme. You can start getting ideas and pegs from Pinterest. You can also start looking at inspiration boards to see how different colors and styles combine into great wedding themes.
(4) Start scanning possible venues. There are many places–city locations, out-of-town resorts, and overseas destination spots–to choose from. Start canvassing venues that you think will go well with your chosen theme. Also, don’t forget to take into consideration logistics and weather conditions when choosing a venue.
(5) Finally, prepare a wedding timeline and checklist for all tasks that need to be accomplished. From here, you will still need to meet with the rest of the other vendors and finalize all the details with them. Having a timeline and checklist that you can refer to for your progress will keep you on track. You don’t want to start panicking when your wedding day draws closer. You want to make sure you keep your sanity throughout the planning process, so it’s best to have a way to organize all the things you have to do.
And with these 5 first steps, you’re good to go! And take a look at our directory, it might help too!